- fifteen ml (one tbsp.) olive oil
- half chopped onion
- fifteen ml (1 tbsp.) minced garlic
- two hundred fifty g (about half lb) lean ground beef
- ten ml (two tsp.) chili seasoning
- sixty ml (a quarter cup) salsa
- four avocados from Mexico
- two plum tomato
- two hundred fifty ml (one cup) grated yellow cheddar cheese
- one hundred twenty five ml (half cup) minced romaine lettuce
- one hundred twenty five ml (half cup) 14% sour cream
Preheat barbecue to medium.
In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic for 1 minute.
Add the ground beef and cook for five minutes, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until it has lost its pink color.
Add chili seasoning and salsa. Cook for three to five minutes.
Cutting avocados in half and removing the pits.
On the hot, oiled barbecue grill, cook the avocado halves for one to two minutes.
Place the avocados on an aluminum tray. Top the avocados with the beef mixture. Cover with tomatoes and cheddar.
Place the tray on the hot grill of the barbecue. Close the lid and cook for six to eight minutes.
When ready to serve, top avocados with romaine lettuce and sour cream.