- 1 pound spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4-6 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/ 4 cup capers, drained
- 1/ 4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/ 2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/ 2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook spaghetti to al dente. Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, combine 4 tablespoons oil, garlic, anchovies, and red pepper flakes until garlic is golden and anchovies have melted into the oil. Add capers and olives and stir to combine. Add tomatoes, stir to combine, and bring to a soft simmer. Continue to simmer until pasta is cooked .
Using tongs transfer the pasta to sauce reserving one cup of cooking water.Add 1/4 cup of pasta water to sauce and increase heat to bring pasta and sauce to a simmer. Continue to cook and stir for about 1 minute more, adding more pasta water as necessary to keep sauce loose. Stir in remaining olive oil, parsley, and Parmesan cheese.