CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRY SUNDAE
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream
- chocolate covered strawberries for garnish
FOR THE ROASTED STRAWBERRIES:
- 2 cup whole strawberries hulled
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
FOR THE CHOCOLATE SHELL:
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut oil refined (not virgin)
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add whole strawberries to a large bowl with sugar and lemon juice. Toss to combine. Add to a square baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
While strawberries are roasting, make chocolate shell. Add chopped chocolate, coconut oil, and corn syrup to a small bowl. Microwave on high for 20 seconds. Remove and stir. Microwave for 15 more seconds. Stir to smooth.
Once toppings are ready, it’s time to assemble the sundaes. Add 1/4 cup strawberries to bottom of sundae bowl. Add 1/2 cup to 1 cup of ice cream. Top with 2 tablespoons of chocolate shell and watch it harden as it cools. Garnish with a chocolate covered strawberry.