PECAN PIE BROWNIES
- three hundred g – five hundred ml (two cups) all-purpose flour
- thirty ml (two Tbsp) cocoa powder
- thirty ml (two Tbsp) sugar
- a pinch of salt
- one hundred g – one hundred twenty five ml (half cup) unsalted butter at room temp.
- one egg
- forty five ml (three Tbsp) water (approximately)
for the filling
- three eggs
- one hundred g (half cup) sugar
- five ml (one tsp) salt
- seventy g – seventy five ml (about 1/3 cup) unsalted butter
- three hundred seventy five ml or 170 g (1 1/2 cup) 70% dark chocolate, chopped (I used one package of Baker’s dark chocolate 70% – 170 g)
- two hundred fifty ml (1 cup) light corn syrup
- three hundred g – 750 ml (3 cups) roasted pecans
To make the shortcrust pastry,
combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the soft butter in the center, add gently blend it in the dry ingredients, using your fingers, until the mixture starts to stick together. Add the egg, then gradually add some water until a ball is formed. Place it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Roll the shortcrust pastry over a lightly floured surface and place into a pie plate. I used a square tart pan but you could use a regular pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes .Preheat oven at 375°F (190°C).
Meanwhile, prepare the filling. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with sugar and salt. In another bowl, melt the butter + chocolate in the microwave.
In a large mixing bowl, mix the melted chocolate and butter with the corn syrup. Add in the egg mixture and the roasted pecans. For in the pie plate. Decorate with pecan halves. Bake for 40 minutes and let cool before serving.