Eggless Coffee Pudding | Coffee Pudding
An incredibly simple yet delicious pudding that takes 4 ingredients and less than 15 minutes to make.
INGREDIENTS ( 1 CUP = 240 ML )
- 1 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 3 tsp cornstarch/cornflour
- 2 cups whole milk or 500 ml
- ¼ cup sugar
- water 2 tbsp + ¼ cup
- Choco chips for garnishing (optional)
Take instant coffee powder in a bowl, add about 2 tbsp of water to it. Mix well and keep the mixture aside.
Similarly, take cornstarch in another bowl and add ¼ cup of water to it. Stir well and keep aside.
Take milk In a saucepot and start boiling it on medium flame.
Once the milk starts to boil add sugar and coffee mix. Stir and continue to boil over medium flame until the sugar dissolves completely.
Now stir the cornstarch slurry once and then gradually add it to the boiling milk while stirring or whisking constantly and vigorously to avoid any lump formation.
Continue to boil on low to medium flame and stir continuously until it reaches a thick but flowing consistency.
Turn off the flame and transfer the mixture to a bowl and cover with a plastic wrap. Then refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours.
Serve the pudding chilled by sprinkling some choco chips on top.
- Use full-fat, whole dairy milk. Any lighter milk may make the pudding thin.
- While cooking makes sure to stir or whisk continuously to avoid forming lumps. If any lumps form, remove it or strain the mixture.