- six carrots, cut into 1-inch-wide sticks 4 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthwise
- eight small potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces or 1 large sweet potato, unpeeled and cut into 1-inch-thick wedges
- one small celeriac, cut into 1-inch-wide sticks
- half squash, seeded & cut into 1-inch pieces
- one red onion, cut to ½ inch round
- two garlic clove
- two sprig thyme
- half tsp. dried oregano
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Putting grill at center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 200C (400F). Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Add carrots, parsnips, potatoes, squash, onion and garlic to a large bowl. Mix well.
Add thyme, oregano, lemon juice and olive oil.
Season with salt and pepper and toss well so that the vegetables are evenly coated with the seasoning mix.
Transfer the vegetables to the baking sheet (9 x 13 in). If the vegetables overlap too much, use two baking sheets.
Roast the vegetables until tender and lightly browned (about 45 min), but stir occasionally.