- 2 1 cup2 cups all-purpose flour, divided, plus additional flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant fast-acting yeast (1 sachet = 7 grams)
- 2/3 cup hot milk 110 F – microwave 36 seconds.
- four tablespoons melted unsalted butter, divided
- 2 egg yolks
- teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/3 c jelly or jam
- 1/3 c granulated sugar for roll a donut
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 1/4 teaspoons (one packet) straight yeast and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Add hot milk, three tablespoons melted butter, 2 egg yolks and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, and whisk until well combined.
- Add 1/2 cup flour, including just enough until the dough holds together and doesn’t stick to the sides of the bowl. Knead in a bowl for five minutes. If dough really sticks to hands, sprinkle flour, & continue knead with clean, dry hands.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in a 100F oven for forty-five minutes or at room temperature for 1 half hour, or until doubled in size .
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit with a rack inside the middle of the oven.
- Turn dough ON floured floor and roll dough out half an inch. Cutting out circles using 2 half-inch spherical cookie cutter. Rolling up scraps so important to making 12 donuts. Placing desserts on an organized baking sheet, covering with kitchen towel, & letting rise in 100F oven about 20 min until barely golden.
- As soon as it comes out of the oven, brush the warm wholemeal bread with 1 tablespoon of the ultimate melted butter and roll it in a sugar bowl to coat it with a little sugar. Cut a deep slit in the side of each donut and pipe the jam with a pastry bag into each.