- 500g medium sized prawns
- 400 g of spaghetti or fettuccine
- 1 yellow lemon
- 4 c. tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 c. tablespoon fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 drizzle of dry white wine
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- A few leaves of fresh basil
- 1 pinch Espelette pepper
- Finely chop the previously peeled garlic cloves and the fresh parsley.
- Cut the lemon in half and remove the zest from half. Squeeze the other half to collect the juice.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt a tablespoon of unsalted butter in a pan. Fry the previously peeled prawns for 3 or 4 minutes. Book.
- Add a knob of butter to the same pan and sauté the garlic over low heat without browning it. Then add the lemon zest and juice, white wine and Espelette pepper. Season to taste with salt.
- Bring everything to a boil and simmer over medium heat for 2 minutes. Lower the heat before incorporating 2 large tablespoons of butter and 1 drizzle of olive oil. Then whisk the mixture. Add a little chopped fresh basil before adding the prawns.
- Drain the spaghetti before adding them to the sauce. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley, mix, then serve immediately.