PREP TIME18 minutes
COOK TIME12 minutes
TOTAL TIME30 minutes
- 30 g (1.06 oz.) almond flour
- 30 g (1.06 oz.) all-purpose flour
- 2 egg white
- 80 g (2.8 oz.) powdered sugar
- 50 g (1.7 oz.) butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sliced almonds, optional
- Combine almond flour and all-purpose flour together. Using a stand mixer or electronic hand mixer.
- Beat the egg white and powdered sugar until snowy or until soft peaks form.
- Gently incorporate the flour mixture. Slowly add butter and vanilla extract until the batter becomes smooth. DO NOT over mix.
- Transfer the batter into a piping bag or a plastic bag, with one of the edges snipped off. Add the batter into financiers mold. Top each financier cake with a few sliced almonds. Bake at 220°C (428°F) for 12 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before removing the financiers from the mold.