Summer Fruit Salad
- ⅔ cup fresh orange juice
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- half teaspoon grated orange zest
- half teaspoon grated lemon zest
- one teaspoon vanilla extract
- two cups cubed fresh pineapple
- two cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- three kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- three bananas, sliced
- two oranges, peeled and sectioned
- one cup seedless grapes
- two cups blueberries or blackberries
Step one – Bring orange juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, orange zest, and lemon zest to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.. Lessen intensity to medium-low, and stew until marginally thickened, around five minutes. Eliminate from intensity, and mix in vanilla concentrate. Put away to Cool.
Step two – Either layer the fruit in a large, clear glass bowl in this order: pineapple, strawberries, kiwi fruit, bananas, oranges, grapes, and blueberries, or like me mix it all up in a any old large bowl.
Step three – Pour the cooled sauce over the fruit. Cover and refrigerate for three to four hours prior to serving.
Serve with fresh double cream, or ice cream on hot days, honey if you like it sweet,
or simply enjoy on it’s own !!