Polish Sour Rye Soup: Zurek
PREP TIME30 minutes
COOK TIME30 minutes
TOTAL TIME1 hour
- 4 cups of vegetable bouillon
- 2 ¼ cups (500ml) of zakwas – Sour Rye Flour Starter
- 1 lbs of kielbasa
- 1 lbs of bacon
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1 boiled egg
- Heat up the bouillon in a large pot.
- Chop bacon and onion into small cubes and fry it. Once frying add the onion, garlic and sausage cut into slices.
- Put the contents of the frying pan into the bullion, along with zakwas and marjoram and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Once you take it from the gas, add sour cream, salt and optionally pepper.
- Serve with half or quarter of boiled egg on top, and bread.