Italian Sausage and Peppers
- two tablespoons Vegetable oil
- one package Johnsonville Naturals Mild Italian Sausage
- one green pepper, thinly sliced
- one red pepper, thinly sliced
- two sweet onions, thinly sliced
- two cloves garlic, minced
- one tablespoon tomato paste
- one (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- half teaspoon salt
- half teaspoon dried oregano
- half teaspoon dried basil
- a quarter teaspoon black pepper
- a quarter teaspoon red pepper flakes
Add vegetable oil to a large pan and heat over medium-high heat. Add sausages and cook until browned on all sides. Remove sausage from pan and set aside (Note: You do not need to cook it through at this point.)
Add onion and peppers to grease left in pan and cook over medium heat until softened. Add garlic and cook for one minute.
Slice sausage into one to 1 1/2-inch pieces.
Return sausage to pan along with all other ingredients.
Cook for five to ten minutes, until sausage is cooked through and sauce is thickened.
Serve on hoagie rolls if desired.