Philly Cheesesteak Meatloaf
- one tablespoon oil
- one onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- eight ounces mushrooms, diced
- two cloves garlic, chopped
- two pounds ground beef
- half teaspoon salt
- half teaspoon pepper
- half cup cheese whiz (optional)
- one teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- two tablespoons ketchup
- two eggs
- one cup breadcrumbs (or panko breadcrumbs) (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- four ounces provolone (optional)
- eight slices provolone
Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat, add the onion, bell pepper and mushrooms and cook until tender, about seven to ten minutes.
Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute, before removing from heat.
Mix the beef, salt, pepper, cheese whiz, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, eggs, breadcrumbs and the cooked mixture of the onions, peppers, mushrooms and garlic.
Place half of the mixture down on a baking pan, place the solid piece(s) of provolone in the middle, top with the remaining beef mixture, seal the edges well, shape the loaf as desired.
Bake in a preheated three hundred fifty F/180C oven until cooked through, about fifty to sixty minutes.
Spread the sliced provolone over the top of the loaf, return to the oven and broil until the cheese has melted, about two to four minute