DO NOTHING CAKE
- two cups all-purpose flour
- two cups granulated sugar
- two eggs, slightly beaten
- one tsp vanilla
- one tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 large can (twenty Oz) crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 stick (half cup) butter
- one cup of sugar
- one can (5½ ounce) evaporated milk
- one cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- one cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to three hundred fifty degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the batter ingredients until just combined.
- Pour into a greased 13×9 baking dish, and bake for thirty to forty minutes or until a wooden toothpick, inserted in the middle comes out clean. Don’t overbake.
- While the cake is still baking, prepare the frosting.
- Heat the butter, sugar, and evaporated milk in a small saucepan until boiling.
- Cook and stir for about five minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and add in the coconut and pecans.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and using a kabob skewer or wooden spoon handle, or some similarly-sized object, begin poking holes in the cake.
- You need holes so that hot frosting has plenty of room to get down and soak the cake.
- Pour frosting over the hot cake, spreading it out to make sure it’s all evenly dispersed.
- Allow cake to cool for a bit before cutting.
- Due to the frosting seeping into the cake, it is very moist!