Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup
- eight medium potatoes, diced
- sixteen oz diced ham
- three carrots, peeled and sliced
- one chopped onion
- two celery stalks, sliced
- one tablespoon minced garlic
- one teaspoon of salt
- half teaspoon of pepper
- four cups of chicken broth
- three tablespoons cornstarch
- three tablespoons cold water
- one 1/2 cups heavy cream, you can use milk if you like
Add potatoes, ham, carrot, onion and celery to slow cooker.
Add salt and pepper. Then add the chicken broth and cook over high heat for four hours or over low heat for eight hours.
Slightly separate the potatoes to thicken the soup.
In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water and stir to combine.
Add cornstarch mixture and stir to combine.
Adding heavy cream also stir to the mixture is smooth.
Leave uncovered and cook on high for an additional 30 min.